Here's another idea to consider... First, the Toyota blue is verry cool. Second, I really like the stock Triumph stripe that fairs into the leading and trailing edges of the tank badge, ala the black bike in front of the screaming red mural. I saw some tanks like this at Chris's. I have a bit of a hard time imagining how gold leaf/engine turning will look with the blue. I think I might prefer silver engine turning, and then add a 1/8" gold accent pinstripe to separate the silver from the blue... Sort of like the gold that separates the silver stripe from the maroon on the tank that has the cursive "Bonneville" (also a nice touch).
To me, the raised center bead on the '36 Ford fender begs for the same treatment (like the black and silver bike just below the red mural bike. Same treatment: center bead engine turned silver, outsides blue, and a gold accent stripe separating them. If this isn't clear, call me.
An understated semi-stock paint scheme definitely fits the character of your bike the best.
Here's another idea to consider... First, the Toyota blue is verry cool. Second, I really like the stock Triumph stripe that fairs into the leading and trailing edges of the tank badge, ala the black bike in front of the screaming red mural. I saw some tanks like this at Chris's. I have a bit of a hard time imagining how gold leaf/engine turning will look with the blue. I think I might prefer silver engine turning, and then add a 1/8" gold accent pinstripe to separate the silver from the blue... Sort of like the gold that separates the silver stripe from the maroon on the tank that has the cursive "Bonneville" (also a nice touch).
ReplyDeleteTo me, the raised center bead on the '36 Ford fender begs for the same treatment (like the black and silver bike just below the red mural bike. Same treatment: center bead engine turned silver, outsides blue, and a gold accent stripe separating them. If this isn't clear, call me.
An understated semi-stock paint scheme definitely fits the character of your bike the best.
Good luck. Lemme know what you think.